My words

Monday, June 29, 2020

Somedays words for me are
like stones underneath the river,
slippery
which slips away the moment
I try to hold onto them.
Somedays words for me
are like the epicenters
With tremors and quakes
haphazardly overboard
and with fearful rumble to the core.
Some days words for me
are the innocent smile of children
and toothless grin of elderly
with fantasies at times
and life stories at others
free flow of emotions.
Some days words for me
are like the pedestrian
stuck at traffic
unable to cross the road
waiting for the green signal.
Some days words for me
are like the pages after pages
Of life records
thrown away at a corner somewhere
disguised under the sheath of dust
waiting just waiting for it to be reopened.
Some days words for me
are echoes in the mountain
of emotions repressed
that reverberate
within four walls of my sanctuary.
Most days words for me
are just words
capitalized words of anger
Clipped words of irritation
Drawn words of boredom
cliched words of love
cold words of hatred
meek words of void
revived words of passion.
Just words
with defining adjectives
Just words
written somewhere
Just words
forming a sentence.
Just words
made up of letters.
©srijaprasita

0 comments: