Faceless

Monday, June 29, 2020

As I rummage through
the treasures of my youth
opening the closet of memories,
I see you standing there
amongst the blooming daisies
like an ethereal wood sprite
in human form.
Over the years
only figments of the day
remains with me as relics
and others like dragonflies
move around my periphery
just there
dancing and teasing me
yet out of my reach.
I remember your smile,
hazy image of pearly white teeth,
held hands,
your silk clothes  and my tattered jeans.
I remember the solemn vow
of your touch
that I dared trespass.
I remember how we danced
under the spring sun
as one
weaving fabrics of dreams
and kissed the night away
on a velvety ride.
Yet now everytime I see you
in my world of laments,
I want to ask you
"That day, was it deliberate
that you hid your face?".
Slowly and surely
your image is fading away
to nothingness
and the only picture I have of you
is faceless.
That's how silence echoes
Every single time
chipping away fragments
until the closet is locked again.



0 comments: