Limbo

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Often
More often
I find myself
Looking for an alternative
to the life I am currently living.
Would the rope that's there
on the floor of my
dark dark room
be enough
to
change the
course of this
Life that I am living?
Would the pearly white pills
that I take every night to sleep
be more than enough to
lull me or should I
take some more
today or perhaps
tomorrow?
Or
May be
just maybe that
small jar of something
an enticing liquid on its own
which is known to burn your insides
if taken would make me
See those things/facts
hidden away from
the untrained
eyes like
mine?
What lays beneath?
What lays beyond?
what's the truth?
Or the lies unknown?
Would I laugh
in the afterlife
for the tears 
I have shed now?
Or would I cry
the tears of blood
much much worse
than it's now?
I know no answers
I know no calls
I know no nothing
outside those walls.
So should I trust the unknown?
Or should I embrace what I own?
Unknown is risk
excitement at best.
Known is lament
which doesn't rest.
And here I am back and forth.
And here I am to and fro.
In a limbo
between standing still
Or just letting it go.
©srijaprasita

0 comments: