reverie

Friday, July 3, 2020

As I reach the finale of my finite dream
and as the sweet escape comes to an end,
Once again,
I find myself looking for
limitless and boundless streams of fantasies
humming through my senses.
The reverie where I suspend myself
is where you exist
like the dream flower that blooms
amidst the strewn twigs
of my submission.
With my wistful smile I move,
I know not where,
following the glistening trail
of your footsteps.
The whispers of the crashing waves
from the ocean of affection
calls out to you.
And, I am
the only one who comprehends
the silent echoes of my heartbeat
that rings through the hills
of your world.
I see myself halt once and hide twice
while you stand there
with your arms wide,
an open invitation for invasion.
A phone call jerks me out of my daydream
and your name flashes on the screen.
Reality sinks in, fantasy ends
and I know we are just meant to be friends.
Yet you do exist , on the other hand
as the protagonist of my Dreamland.
© srijaprasita

0 comments: