Metamorphosis

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Night screams in colours people say
But even my dreams are black and white.
For the colors that I had dreamt of 
at a wee age of ten
was snatched away by those groping hands 
those I thought would protect me instead.
To date I feel the crawl of that roaming fingers.
To date I feel the weight of that sweaty chest
the very one where I had rested my head and slept.
But the weight then felt different
the breath familiar yet strange.
To date I feel the dreary exploration
the suffocating lusty ministration
To date I feel the intrusion
and my plea of suffocation.
To date I feel my gagged scream
and the tears of blood I shed.
To date I feel the helplessness
and pain of my innocence in shreds.
So now you see I am peeling off
Every single inch of my skin
to free my self from those imprints
permanently etched upon it.
And when you see me throwing up
the blood in my veins
know that I am trying to reshape me
for I am the blood of the one who raped me.
©srijaprasita

0 comments: