Omnipresent

Saturday, August 22, 2020

You found me withholding scars
amidst the shaken existence.
With strokes of innocent acceptance
you painted me like an origami.
And I learned to sigh
in the arresting warmth of your embrace.

You found me singing hymns of sorrow
amidst the tempest of trodden dreams.
With strokes of bittersweet cognizance
you filled in the barren pages after pages
of my existence.
And I learned to smile
in the nurturing essence of your presence.

You found me lost in myself
within the abyss of loneliness
And with strokes of unwavering surveillance
you sketched me into your poetries
immortalizing me for centuries
like a perfect piece of the jigsaw puzzle, that's your life.
And I learned to fly
with the flight of dreams that you weaved for me.

Under the tangerine sky you ruffled my feathers.
I fidgeted in panic as you stripped me of logic.
You ushered me into a free fall of emotions.
Yet the throbbing music of your whispers
hummed through me
until I morphed into your silhouette.
And now
betwixt losing you and losing myself
I choose the latter
for I exist in you
and you are omnipresent at least to me.
©srijaprasita

0 comments: