On my way

Thursday, May 14, 2020

I met a man,  an enigma, a puzzle
drizzle of rain, and somehow
now,  warm at the same time.
Paradox, in the truest sense.
Whence, he is not
but like the vast stretch of road.
Deserted,  multiple times trodden upon
yet left alone,  at night.
Despite, like the road,  he is the steady presence.
Always there somehow directional.
Emotional outbursts to obnoxious silence,
hence,  down throughout life,  he has seen it all.
Tall,  like the tree, he stands
lands his thoughts, branching out.
Shout the contemplation to the air,
fair and square to the velvety night
and right underneath the stars.
Harsh,  is the reality, stories untold
hold within the cacophony of dreams
seems like century old scars.
Bars,  I saw surrounding him.
Dim spark and strong walls.
Enthralls me,  drags me forward
Towards him.
Seemed he had some barriers
Worse than the worse warriors.
Yet "No Trespass" sign
reclined, didn't deter me.
So I am on my way
Sway me if you can.
©srijaprasita

0 comments: