Journey

Friday, May 29, 2020

I left behind the mountain of dreams
yet scaled through the steam of hope.
Then smoked hopes to ashes
and inhabited the submerged shore.

I sipped the sunset;fazing warmth
through my cup of blazing gloom.
I survived the crashing waves
fighting tides yet surfing through.

As the velvety cloak of night
wrapped me in his embrace.
I found myself contemplating
mist of memories and worth of morn.

And as I jumped through cliffs of dread
careful enough not to fall,
I found myself peeking about
the throne of thorns where I was born.

I fished in the pool of memories
To return empty hand of glee
I clocked in my instincts
and swam through canal of supremacy.

And when I finally reached the other end
I realised what I had always been.
Despite the calm demeanor
I had been raising a volcano within.

So I left behind my words of woe
buried under the freezing snow.
I killed my muse, my poem was dead.
I killed my muse and met myself.
©srijaprasita

0 comments: