Ode

Friday, May 22, 2020

Every breath I take
heck, I inhale the nature
for, sure, the fragrance
off flowers, misty magic of rainfall.
Take in petunia to roses so red,
dead orchids to damp mud haul,
tall pines to snowballs,
Enthralled
I worship myself
for I can do it all.

Everywhere I see
be it the white fluffs
and puffs dusted over the sky
high hilltop to mountain range
drenched streams to sea mews
hues of dusk to dawn of dews
and majestic allure of waterfall.
Enthralled
I worship myself
for I can feel it all.

The century of wire is here
there, the screen speaks loud and clear.
Bound are people to their chair.
Mere gulls are hush hush, hear hear.
Waves are trodden once a while.
Miles are covered yet not worthwhile.
Rush Rush within the concrete walls.
Appalled
I worship myself
For I can still recall
the beauty beyond the protocol.

Call me an oddball,
from within the cell wall.
For me the dance hall,
is beneath the pine tall.
I host the masked ball,
beneath the fireball
and is the nightfall
soothingly ethereal.

For I see moonlight.
You with your lamp bright.
Me with the gull screams,
you with your blue screen.
I smile like sun glow
while you are hunched low.
Hence with your downfall
I worship myself
for taking her call
and still having it all.
©srijaprasita

0 comments: