I am breaking free

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Below the street light at a bus stop
I am reflecting
Turning over the pages of the past
And puffing out smoke.
I am looking at the cigarette
Burning my hands
I let it burn my lungs too.
And reflect.
It seems as if the memories
Good ones though
Are the one backing me off
Towards the darkness that I crave.

And YOU, my friend
Giving me company,
Are trying to pass off
Some of that light you have to me
And I appreciate it
I do really.
You are trying to let me see
That every ending
Is a beginning of a new journey
A new story.

And now I am stealing
Some of the colours off flowers
Some lights off the sun
And painting my dreams.
See I’m moving
No I’m running
Towards the future that I deserve
Towards ecstasy.
I am breaking free
Yeah!!!! Finally!!!

I am breaking free.

0 comments: