have I lost the reason to smile??

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I look at the smiling faces of people
All around me is jokes and joy
And with them, here I am all alone
Trying to hold onto the fragments
Of their conversation
And then I realise
I can’t hold onto the joy
Have I lost the reason to smile????

There are so many stories here
Every eye speaks of something within
Every faces have their own worry lines
Still there is smile
Still there is a reason to hold
Yet here all alone
Like a lonely soul
I try reading them; try being a part of them
Searching belongingness; somewhere out of nothingness.

But then I didn’t know
That the emptiness within me is so acute
That I can’t be where I am
And can’t feel anything within.
Have I lost the reason to feel???
Have I lost the reason to fly??
Have I lost the reason to smile??

Even mundane talks has so much fun
That’s what everybody says
Try simplifying all the matters
And then you will see
Everything there is to see
I have heard it repeatedly
I have tried embracing it.
Tried to run, stumbled down
Back on my feet, I tried again.

Moving out of my comfort zone
I tried breaking free
And look at me now!!!!
You can see just the shell of me
Even those freedoms of few moments
Have become burdens so difficult to carry
And so hard to hold on
And here I am walking alone
Searching for a reason to belong
Searching for a reason to fly

Searching for a reason to smile.

0 comments: