I don't dwell in fantasies

Friday, November 6, 2015

There’s a wall between us
A wall so strong
And no one can break it down
There’s a mile between us
And I can’t reach you
Or cross this distance
Even when you are
Just by my side.
You are the forbidden fruit
That I can’t taste
Yet I’m being induced
By the green serpent
But I’ll not bow down, I’ll not try
I’ll not dream of you and me
As it was never meant to be
And I don’t dwell in fantasies.

Why fall in the lake
When you know that the water runs deep
And you might drown??
Why enter into the storm
When you know the force is strong
And you are in it all alone??
All I’m allowed is sneak-peek
Discreet glances and smile
All I’m allowed are few moments
And savour it for a while..
So I’ll not bow down, I’ll not try
I’ll not dream of you and me
As it was never meant to be

And I don’t dwell in fantasies.

0 comments: