Mirrors

Friday, October 31, 2014


oh gee
look at me
tell me
what you see
a nerdy nerd, a willow bird
scarred, marred nilly drunkard
I have had
had it all
a bout and a heavy clout
a time
to shout and run about
its a past bob
now i am a cast off
with a gout and rocking cough
i am a willy
a nilly
a brandmarked silly
my unruly curl
now a cap of snowfall
a lopsided grin
wrinkled skin
i remember i recall
how I've been
i stare at it
at my image
a sage
could have been at this age
yet
i am me
albeit rumpled
crumbled
stumbled
thoroughly tumbled
i look at him
oh! so prim
he looks at me
with look so grim
in between
is a silver screen
past i recall
present i stall
i fall i crawl
between then and now
WOW
like a bouncing ball
oh mirrors........mirrors on the
wall

The silence stretch out a long
way
and all i can do is reminisce
the future remains unpredictable
and the past is all i can talk about
present is lost in the shadow of
past
and misty future is tagging along
it
i keep swinging between then
and now
seeking pleasure in the changes
the gleam of mischief is lost
somewhere
and lacklusture beads
acknowledge me
i run my fingers at the plain
screen
the image appraise me with a
mocking grin
oh mirrors..........mirrors on the
wall

oh look
look at me
tell me
what you see
a spook, a dried up brook
a severe crook, a wounded rook
i have had
had it all
a thirst to quench
and a comely wench
a heartfelt brunch
a lovely punch
its a past bob
now i am a cast off
i am a hollow bin
a rusty tin
sledge
with rocking edge
yet
i can see
the child in me
what i used to be
beneath
this wrinkled sheath
lies a myth
of all that shit
cheat
and bruising beat
that i insist
to remember
for
my past is cool
future
is death
that i wish to embrace
with grace
no trace
will be left of mine
and time
goes on and on
for someone
I'll be gone
i run my fingers at the plain
screen
the image regard me with a
mocking grin
oh mirrors...........mirrors on the wall.

0 comments: