Broken string

Friday, October 31, 2014

The keyboard gave me a cue
and the drum started beating
but i kept staring at my broken
string
The soothing pianoforte rocked
my hungry soul
and the unruly beat of drum was
what i was waiting for
But when i tried my own
symphony
i failed to come up with a melody
my hands lay limp, my fingers
failed me
The music inside me screamed
for an outlet
i cried in agony, with the pain in
my nerves
Oh! have mercy.......I begged, I
sobbed
I searched my soul knocked out
my dreams
yet nothing came out of it
de-da-da-dum-da-da-dum-ding
the drum started beating
yet i kept staring at my broken
string

Like a dog in the backyard i rolled
i barked
i wagged my tail at familiar faces
i grabbed at the bits and pieces
thrown at me
and gobbled down the remains
without mercy
But when i was asked or urged to
howl
to show them how loud i could be
i just gave them a bleak look
even the thorn in my paw
couldn't help me
something was lost,broken inside
i could hear no sound...................
Yet I stood there and lied.....
"I can do it. Of course I can
just wait I'll show you", I cried
I waited and waited for my
conscience to scream
The keyboard gave me a cue
and the drum started beating
But like a dumbstruck silhouette
I kept staring at my broken
string.......

0 comments: