Lonely nights

Thursday, May 19, 2016

The lonely night whispers to me
I turn around in my bed
to find the side of it empty.
But still I can smell you on my pillow
and see your silhouette down the willow.
Now that I think
of the days we spent together
my heart grows heavy by the second.
I plug in the sad love songs
and feel as if they are just written for me.
I hear your voice, those words of love
that you used to sing to me.
And with a drink in my hand
I try to drain you
I try to drain your memories.

I walk on the lonely beach
jog off to the ground
those sand castles that we made together
are nowhere to be seen.
The breeze that plays with my hair
cannot replace the feel of your fingers.
Still I see you laughing at me
untying my hair
and running along the cliffs
to catch me off guard.
Smiling at your antics, I move forward
and when I look back
I realise you are gone
when I see a single pâir of footprints on sand.

Though you are so far away
I do have those memories you gave.
Now all I can do for you is
leave your favourite flowers
on the cold stone of your grave.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Draw some other artistic note and publish it!