Stagnant

Monday, June 13, 2016


I live in order, within the line
Everything is good, but nothing’s fine.
The sun burns hot, yet I shiver inside
Within the fulfillment is a hollow hide.
The forward button drives me through
But a small pause gives a deadly blow.
At the end of the day when I close my eyes
Within my sighs I realize
I am acting it out as I am expected to
I am going through, but not growing through.

I have plenty of smiles thrown my way
I paste a smile and pass my day.
Throughout it all I agonize
of having to live within lies.
A shell of me is all you see
With vacant dreams buried within me.
At the end of the day, when I close my eyes
Within my sighs, I realize
I’ve miles to cross, a thousand lane
Though I’m running, it’s not the same.

As I climb down the staircase
Hundreds and thousands of faces await.
Hundreds of hands pat my back
“You’re doing well. Nothing you lack.”
But one that matters is left behind
stuck in heart but out of my mind.
Still
At the end of the day, when I close my eyes
Within my sighs, I realize
I’ve lived my life in a heartbeat.
Now I’m surviving not living it.

0 comments: