Union

Friday, November 6, 2020

 When the sun sinks it's amber in the horizon

and the moon melts in the sky

with it's silvery hue,

I would follow the twinkling stars

winking banters back and forth.

The wood sprite would lead the way

across the stream towards the lake

and under the moonlit canopy

I would search for your reflection

in the serene water surface.

I would make sure no ripples are formed

for I know you thrive in peace

while chaos is my maiden name.

For one day I know we shall unite

at twilight

like day and night.

For one day by this clearing

I would breathe my last air

My words would then dissipate

my sighs merged with thin air

and like the approaching dawn

we would finally be one

as we were always meant to be.

We would be forever known as eclipse

where dark and light co-exists.

©srijaprasita

0 comments: