The Paper Boat

Friday, November 6, 2020

The dainty fingers that's holding me

Knows nothing beyond the joy I bring.

As the thunder rolls up above the sky

The little heart he has leaps with joy.

And I know I shall embark on a journey

A whole lot of adventure waits for me

For I shall travel along windswept ripples

along with the memories and goofy scribbles.


I know I am made to float and sink

I know like a dream I am meant for an end.

But the smile I bring to the tiny eyes

And the cahoots and laughter that pass me by

Makes me wonder, what if I survived

the pouring rain and the angry tide.

Then I shall travel along the windswept ripples

along with the memories and goofy scribbles.


As I am laid on the murky stream

I can hear my surfaces scream.

The wilting began as soon as I am laid

And I saw the gleam in his eyes fade.

I moved forward with a fight

And I was greeted with claps of delight.

And now I am traveling along windswept ripples

along with the memories and goofy scribbles.


Soon enough, soon enough my senses reeled

Not that far away from the field

And I can feel the struggles inside

But then I see, of me he was tired

He has left with his fellow mates

Hence I am safe to rest to my fate

For I have travelled along windswept ripples

along with his memories and goofy scribbles.

© srijaprasita

0 comments: